Thursday, April 14, 2016

SSMS Gems #1

I spoke at SQLSaturday499 in Madison recently, and tried to cover a whole bunch of SSMS Tips and Tricks for productivity.   You can download my scripts and powerpoint here.

There is very little that is new or original in the world, so first let me say a big thanks to Wayne Sheffield (blog)  for sharing many of the tips at the PASS summit and Sean & Jen McCown (the Midnight DBA's) (website) for the Summit Pre-Con that introduced me to RegEx inside SSMS.

Here's a tip that was not in my presentation, but was pointed out by a person in my SQLSat499 talk:

Scenario:   You need to cut and paste several different things from one place to another in SSMS.

Cut/Copy all of your items from the source to the clipboard with your normal method (CTRL-X, CTRL-C)

To expose the clipboard items when pasting, hold down CTRL-SHIFT and use V as a toggle.   You will toggle through your clipboard snips.

Keep coming back for more SSMS Gems, and follow me @007SQL